The Features of Blood Testing
- A Liver Function Test (LFT) can highlight dysfunction with the liver that can be caused by excessive alcohol consumption
- A Carbohydrate Deficient Transferrin (CDT) test offers higher specificity related to heavy alcohol consumption
- Partnership with a laboratory which holds Clinical Pathology Accreditation
- Using this combination of tests provides more comprehensive information leading to a more effective treatment plan
- Only one blood sample is needed to perform both tests
|The CDT blood test provided by Orbit Labs looks at transferrin, a protein that transports iron around the body, which is affected by excessive alcohol consumption.
The Liver Function Test (LFT) provided by Orbit Labs looks at a number of markers in blood to investigate the function of a person’s liver.
If you would like to inquire about Orbit Labs and services, contact a Sales Representative by phone, fax or email. Click Here.
All requests made during non-business hours will be responded to as early as possible the next business day.